Happy New Year And Now Reminders To Keep You In Compliance And Out Of Trouble With Various Agencies.
- Some things you should know about bankruptcy law whether you are a creditor or debtor. Especially time limits to challenge the discharge of a debt.
- A reminder about “Ability to Repay” under the CFPB that goes into effect on January 10, 2014. (Next Week)
- Another reminder about the continuous changing of CFPB rules. (At least 4 in the past 30 days.)
- California Broker Controlled Escrows. File your escrow reports by March 1, 2014 or suffer the penalties.
- To start the New Year off right, three Los Angeles, California Deputy Sheriffs are indicted for Mortgage Fraud. Proving prosecution is still alive and well in the year 2014. If anyone reading our e alerts needs assistance please call. Preferably before you become a target.
- Did you know that a first time conviction in California for driving under the influence can wind up costing the driver over $15,000? Read on and learn why. Call us if you have questions.
- Six convicted and sentenced in San Diego Federal Court. One gets over NINE YEARS IN FEDERAL PRISON.
- Oregon amends its rules on Mortgage Loan Originators. Now must register through NMLS&R.
- Washington State renewals on Loan Originators down. Less competition means more business for those that remain.
Remember if you are a member of CAMP, NVAMP or AZAMP you are entitled to one half hour advice as a benefit per month without charge. BUT we do check for active membership.
Herman Thordsen, Esq.
Thordsen Law Offices
151 Kalmus Drive
Costa Mesa, CA 92646